Wednesday 6 August 2008

Sheffield House

For a long time, especially when I was growing up in Chapeltown, I didn't realise how lucky we were with the availability of housing and the relatively low prices compared with more modern cities like Manchester and Birmingham.

However, looking around recently at prices as I need a bigger house now my baby is here, we are definately more in line with Leeds and Manchester. The postcodes S10 and S11 seem to be inaccessible to younger families on an average income, and as my partner doesn't work I would find it hard to make a move to these locations.

We are currently experiencing a downturn in the market but Sheffield has always been a buoyant city when it comes to national trends. It seems that because we are still experiencing good growth the trends don't hit us quite as hard as more developed towns.

No comments: